Just like QR's, vouchers are an essential part of how you can engage with the Buddy Ecosystem. Within any Buddy app, you can buy vouchers for yourself. You can gift a voucher to someone in your contacts. Vouchers can also be used as a means of paying for something.
Vouchers really are an amazing way to get amazing deals on almost anything. A merchant can set up a voucher for just about anything. From services to select goods, the possibilities are endless.
Think of Vouchers as just another way to pay for goods and services.
- You can only redeem a voucher with the merchant that made it.
- Buddy takes a commission on all vouchers sold. You'll see the Now price (displayed on a voucher) might differ from what the merchant advertised. ?
Grab Vouchers are purchased and added to your own library of owned vouchers. You can find these under the Mine section.
How to buy a Grab Voucher:
- Tap on the More Buddy button.
- Then tap on the Vouchers button.
- Tap Allow if you get asked to get access to your contacts (this is for sending Gift Vouchers to other buddies).
- From the Vouchers page, you can explore and search for vouchers. Once you have a voucher you'd like to grab, tap on it.
- On the macro view of the voucher, you'll see more info about it. Tap Grab This Voucher to buy it.
- In the Checkout, choose which card to pay with and tap Pay.
And just like that, you're the proud owner of a Grab Voucher. You can find it in the Mine section to access them and redeem at a merchant.
How to redeem a Grab Voucher:
There are 2 ways to redeem vouchers. You can redeem it at a merchant or manually through paying a merchant.
METHOD 1 - Redeem with a merchant:
- Within the Vouchers page, tap on Mine in the upper-right navigation tabs.
- Find the voucher you want to redeem and tap on it.
- Show the voucher's QR code to the merchant who will scan it.
And that's that, your voucher has been redeemed.
METHOD 2 - Redeem through paying a merchant:
- Tap the Pay button on the bottom app bar.
- Then tap on Merchants on the upper-middle navigation tabs.
- Find or search for the merchant you want to redeem the voucher with and tap Pay next to their name.
- On the pop-up, select Redeem Voucher.
- In the next screen, find the vouchers you want to redeem and tap on it to redeem it.
Since you already bought the voucher, al you have to do it tap on it to redeem it. The merchant doesn't have to scan anything.
Gift Vouchers work the same as Grab Vouchers. The only difference being that these vouchers are gifted to someone in your phone's contacts. After purchasing a Gift Voucher, you'll get asked who to send it to.
~ Feature Coming Soon.